Did you know……
- According to the American Medical Association, chronic pain is under treated.
- The majority of people suffering with chronic pain have been living with their pain for over 5 years, almost 6 days a week.
- People just like you are most often reluctant to report their true pain level. Still, those who do report pain are most often under treated.
- Too few health care professionals are adequately trained in pain management and appropriate medications.
- Unrelieved pain has negative physiological and psychological effects that impair your daily life.
- The American Pain Society emphasizesan individualized pain-control plan, assessment and frequent reassessment, and the use of medications to relieve pain.